Friday, August 14, 2009

Who let the pigs out?

Last few days have been spent marooned at home owing to the swine flu threat. This gave me an opportunity to indulge in a few things that I wouldnt have otherwise....

- Taught the kids how to play chess. Dint know what I was getting into.... now my son wants me to play chess with him all the time. Taught him to play it with himself as his own opponent. And guess what....... now he wins everytime!!

- Actually took the books out of the shelf and curled up with them.

- Baked a cake or two.

- Broke a glass or two.

- Spent an entire day in pajamas, with oil in my hair!! Even dared to open the main door in this attire. Felt very liberated after that!! (yes, this is what it has come to)

- Started with spring/divali cleaning

- Watched some really old movies, including Khoon Bhari Maang. Hadnt realized what a cheesy movie this one was the first time around in the eighties. I actually thought Rekha looked better before her transformation!

My vegetables have been growing rapidly.
Here's the Methi (fenugreek). Dont know if that clover leaf is a weed or not.


The Karela (bitter gourd) has been growing too fast for its own good...

Tomatoes and Eggplant. Will deserve a bigger container once they've proved their growth oriented ability.....(gosh, my corporate world experiences just came gushing out!!)

No comments: