Tuesday, September 7, 2010

There is a little bit of Rajasthan in me....


There's a little bit of Rajasthan in me
Its in my veins, Its in my fate
The beautiful music it creates
with my soul it resonates

Rajasthan conjures up fond childhood memories for me. We went there every summer vacation to visit my grandma and extended family. It might not be the best time to visit in the summer heat, but it never stopped us from having fun.
I can still close my eyes and go back in time to feel the warm and silky desert sand run through my fingers. Or taste the different textures of "Ker-Sangri". Or try to lick up the ice cream candy before it melted in the heat.....and compare my brightly colored tongue to my cousins's. Or try to resist taking a forced upon afternoon nap, but never knowing when I was lulled to sleep with the sound of the desert cooler.
My favorite part was when we'd sleep on the terrace on charpoys under the clear night sky, and feel enormously tiny in the enormous scheme of the universe. Nature's "shock and awe" campaign! :-)

Pune is where home is, but Rajasthan is probably where I go in my dreams.....

 

1 comment:

RK said...

Oh....Rajasthan!!!
Also can't forget after the forced nap getting some delicious cold sweet Lassi and then looking forward to fun games with all our cousines and neighbors - man was that fun or what!!!