Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Ode to my daughter

I'm overwhelmed, overcome with love
sometimes stupefied, petrified
of the responsibility involved
of raising you, my princess.
well, i stand rectified......
it is I that is being raised!
in this magical process.

What do I have to give you
except for everything thats mine.
It is from you that I receive
the opportunity of growth every time.

You are growing up faster
than what my senses can perceive,
it is beyond my discernment or imagination.
Soon some day, your own person you will be.......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Another piece of art by Sangitaa Apshankar :)
I totally relate to the feeling in the poem (beautifully written by the way).
I sometimes feel Anaika is just 7 months old and at the same time, gosh Anaika is already 7 months old!

Unknown said...

this is Creativity at its BEST! putting an 'experience' into words is a challengebut puting it like this, I think you should send your stuff to Bollywood, you reckon?
really good...will read them all soon...Maneesha

Sangeeta said...

Thanks Maneesha and Shruti :-)
Cant take credit for it though. It all just flowed from some space. Seriously!